Sent in by: Jenn Brosch (@youarebeautyva)
This recipe is a different take on nachos. A flavorful chili will be whipped up the slow way (by crock pot) or quicker (by stove top) and then poured over a steaming baked potato. It is spicy, flavorful, hearty, and as easy as it gets!
Serving Size: 2
Bake 2 potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Stick the potatoes with a fork in different places to create deep holes
- Coat the potatoes with oil and salt
- Place them directly on the oven rack & place a pan on a lower shelf to collect drippings
- Bake for 1 hour
- 2 Cans of Vegan Chili
- 1 Pack of Trader Joe’s Vegan Chorizo
- 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Pinto Beans
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- ½ Bunch of Cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Diced
- Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning – Or whatever you love.
Combine the ingredients in a crock-pot and cook on low during the day, or if you’d prefer a quicker method use a large pot and heat the chili thoroughly on the stove top (aim for at least an hour to draw the flavors out, but if you’re in a rush it just needs to get hot).
Once the chili is hot, remove it from the heat and stir in canned or frozen corn.
Combining the Two:
Slice open the potatoes and scoop chili into the center, top with your favorite non-dairy cheese, avocado, fresh lime, more cilantro, or really anything you want. Make it your own!
Let us know if you give this a try. If you have any recipes you want to share with the world send it in!